A versatile leader with extensive experience helping companies navigate change, build and refine marketing organizations, and pursue new markets and opportunities. Expertise in B2B and B2C marketing and strategic communications.
Strategic Planning | Marketing Communications | Brand Management | Content Marketing | Product Marketing/ Commercialization | Business Development | Public Relations | Crisis/Change Management | Partner Marketing
- Contributed to a 200% YOY increase in bookings and a 25x multiple sale price for MatrixCare (a record within the industry), achieved while maintaining Best-in-KLAS status for three years running.
- Developed and managed annual marketing budget of $6 million. In more than 15 years of budget management, has never exceeded budget unless a strategic decision was made in advance to do so.
- Negotiated and managed association sponsorships and cooperative marketing with strategic partners (e.g., Microsoft), securing maximum exposure for the company via advertising, digital marketing (website, digital ads, video production, etc.), public relations, social media, corporate communications and events. Took company’s brand from “unknown” to market leader in 2 years.
- Directed global marketing strategy for professional, IT, regulatory and government market segments at Pearson. Oversaw staff of 13 marketing managers assigned to specific vertical markets, e-commerce and digital badging products, and market research and analytics. The team’s efforts led to Pearson exceeding its revenue targets annually for 10 years.
- Led in-house marketing agency providing certification marketing services for global information technology clients (e.g., Adobe, Cisco, Citrix, CompTIA, EMC, Microsoft, Oracle, VMware) while at Pearson. Managed several million dollars in market development funds annually and created global IT certification marketing campaigns for consumers on behalf of clients. Instrumental in winning all major IT clients from chief competitor during tenure.
Content Marketing/Thought Leadership
- Developed multi-media content in support of advertising, digital marketing, print collateral and thought-leadership efforts, including customer testimonial videos, podcasts, product animations, and interactive graphics. Managed internal creative team; hiring, performance management, professional development, mentoring, etc.
- Drove thought-leadership/content marketing activities to position MatrixCare not just as a technology provider but as a consultative partner to help providers succeed under value-based care and increased regulatory pressures. Efforts resulted in numerous speaking sessions, webinars and PR mentions, in addition to feature article placements and increased social media following and engagement.
- Executive sponsor for an initiative to launch a new client community that would replace five existing communities in a company built through acquisitions. Led multiple stakeholder groups to develop a content-rich customer experience that would minimize support needs, increase peer-to-peer interaction among customers, and strategically provide info about products they weren’t leveraging in order to upsell to the enterprise solution.
- Led strategic client communications for more than a dozen acquisitions across three different industries. Managed employee and customer communications/FAQs, as well as public and investor relations. Also developed marketing plans for the introduction of new software products and services obtained through acquisition, generating interest that required additional consultants to meet sales capacity.
- Served as key contact for handling media challenges in several organizations (SEC investigation of consultant, security breaches, system performance issues/outages, media attack on product line, etc.). Worked with the executive team to develop crisis communication plans that minimized any negative public relations impact and managed timely dissemination of messaging.
- Launched multiple SaaS products at MatrixCare, including those using of AI, speech recognition, and other technology innovations. Also launched several new products and businesses within Pearson, including its digital badging platform (acquired by Credly in 2018), the Pearson Test of English-Professional exam, mindhub ecommerce platform and certification reseller program.
- Charged with introducing a community scholarship program that fell outside of Clark Consulting’s traditional offerings (but had the potential to increase sales of a core product), developed all promotional materials including a direct mail campaign which exceeded response projections by 500%. Worked with program partners, Colin Powell’s “America’s Promise” initiative and the American Bankers Association.
- Led integrated marketing campaigns across multiple industries, targeting both B2B and B2C audiences, globally. Leveraged partners, affiliates, associations and VARs to expand marketing reach and conduct co-op marketing campaigns.
- Provided oversight of team managing events, including an annual user conference for 1,000 attendees, executive conferences for C-suite customers and prospects, and regional customer engagement sessions. Led creative strategy for companies’ presence at approximately 100 industry events annually. Developed all graphics for 30×40 tradeshow booth, as well as messaging for monitors and large LED screens.
- Have led website redesigns several times, adding whatever emerging content-rich features are required, as well as overseeing SEO and social integrations.
- Have led and executed multiple rebranding efforts across several industries. At Clark, when presented with the challenge of changing the company’s brand identity twice within aggressive timeframes, orchestrated the successful transition of all identity, sales and marketing materials (business stationery, advertisements, collateral, signage, direct mail, etc.) to the new identity by a single, targeted rollout date.
What People Say
Mary Beth is a strategic and experienced communicator. Under her marcomm leadership, it wasn’t long before our brand permeated the LTPAC market…John Damgaard
President & CEO
Mary Beth is a proven resource for companies looking to take their marketing efforts to a new level.Lisa Bergerson
Director of Marketing
Mary Beth is a consumate professional who focuses on developing and creating the best marketing campaigns.Todd Leone